Sunday, January 14, 2007

Well I never did get to go to sleep early... I've still been finding it hard to sleep... My doctor would laugh because she would make her morning rounds and i would be up all ready... Granted she made her rounds , around the normal time i would be up for work... So, lets see... On tuesday i barely got any sleep that night... I think i might have had a total of two hours... Then it was get up, load the car and make our way to the hospital... I was sick to my stomach when we were in the car... I was so afraid i was going to get sick and i had nothing in my stomach to get sick... And i wanted water so bad... Anything to drink i was so thirsty... So we got to the hospital, i am all ready preregistered so the little old guy takes me and hubby up to maternity... I weigh in and go to my room, that was bigger than the last room i was in... Then it was getting an iv put in, blood work taken, sugar checked, and my vitals... Then i got the special stockings put on, then the leg things that massage my legs so i get no clots and then the fun part the cathiter (sp)... That thing hurt so bad and more so than normal i think because that yeast infection i had i didnt get rid of it... Then the waiting began for them to come and get me... I was there at 6am, i think it was closer to 8 when they finally came to get me... i kept shaking on and off and when i get really nervous my legs shake really bad... Hubbys mom and dad were up in the room with us while we waited... my mom didnt make it till later... Also one of hubbys relatives is taking nursing in boces and wanted to know if it would be ok with me if she came in and watched... She is such a sweet girl and i told her no problem she had my permission... The anesthesia guy was a family friend of hubbys dad... It was like friends all getting together lol... So they told me what they were going to do they were just waiting for the room to be ready... My doc had to hold my feet down so i wouldnt shake all over the table... Then when the spinal went in that was the weirdest thing, but i didnt feel anything... And in less than an hour, goddess less than 10 min of being numbed up Emma was born...hubby who said he wasnt going to cut the cord , did... And then they held her up so i could see her... And i couldnt get over all the hair she had... Then they started to clean her up and then i got to touch her and i cried a little bit... The longest part of it all was getting stitched up... Then off to recovery till i can move my feet, bend my legs and lift them a bit... But they were nice enough to get me a cup of ice chips... Woo hooo i munched on those like no tomorrow... Then it was up to my room and waiting for them to bring the baby to me... More to come....

No comments: